Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

For Posterity

A while, and how that I look it up a couple of years, ago I made a list of my top 25 Super Nintendo games. If ever there was a system that will for the rest of my life have a huge nostalgia factor it would be the SNES. I know that if I make it to 90 I'll still be playing some of the games on this list occasionally. The system was fun. It was pure. It was simple, but powerful. With far less power than modern systems have there were games that were much more complex than many of the most recent releases.
The SNES will be remembered in a fonder light than the generation of systems that came directly afterwards. Why? It was the pinnacle of 2D gaming. The absolute pinnacle. The generation that came after were the first forays into the world of 3D and modern gaming. The games were clunky and many were very, very ugly.
I made this list in 2006. Time has flown since then, and I don't know where I am or what I'm doing anymore. What I do know is that this list is most likely final. It was made long after the end of the SNES' run and well into the time when any freshness of the games was lingering.
So here's the list.



1. Final Fantasy III/VI
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Mario World
4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
5. Final Fantasy II/IV
6. Secret of Mana
7. Earthbound
8. Super Mario Kart
9. Uncharted Waters: New Horizons
10. Illusion of Gaia
11. Star Fox
12. Mega Man X
13. Breath of Fire II
14. Lufia II
15. Terranigma
16. Street Fighter II Turbo
17. 7th Saga
18. F-Zero
19. Harvest Moon
20. Seiken Densetsu 3
21. Genghis Khan II
22. Shadowrun
23. SimCity
24. EVO: Search for Eden
25. Super Metroid

No comments:

Globally Ignored