Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fire in a Tiny Sudanese Village

I was planning on writing a decent sized post today.  About... stuff?  Something, I don't even know.  I had a bunch of idea threads that I was ready to roll forward with.  Stuff about TV, ideas for TV, games, general bitching, and probably one or two things of any significant relevance.

But then I found 30 Rock.

I was browsing the instant category on Netflix and under television there was this show.  I had heard of it of course.  It was critically acclaimed and won awards, both of which really mean nothing.  Yet still it had Tina Fey who I always found somewhat interesting on SNL.  And it had Tracy Morgan who was at his best playing eccentric characters.  Let me not forget the amazing Alec Baldwin in a comedy role.  This was enough to get me to watch the pilot.

21 episodes and quite a few hours later here I sit.  I marathoned the entire first season.  I probably would've started on the second season if I felt like pulling an all nighter.  It's been so long since I have.  I had only half-watched half of an episode before today.  Now I've got the whole first season under my belt.  And soon the second one also.  Then I'll start watching the new episodes.  That's who the DVD generation works.

It's an amazing show.  That's all I have to say.  I fucking railroaded this thing!  I want to watch more.  There's only two seasons available on Netflix, and maybe only two available at all.  I don't know much about the series besides my crash course today.  I don't even know what day the new episodes are on.

No comments:

Globally Ignored