Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Shot of Tranquility

There's one movie that I can watch over and over and over that will provide me with a sense of calm. The entire movie is set up in such a way that when I'm finished I feel more relaxed than I was going in. Lost In Translation is a wonderfully put together movie. Even years later I can't get enough. So many elements come together in this movie. It makes me want to escape my life and live in the land of Wind and Ghosts. It features the standout performance of Bill Murray's career, a for which role he DEFINITELY should have recieved the Oscar. Scarlett Johansson is great in this movie, and not just because of this:

The movie has such a great atmosphere and is full of beautiful imagery. Scenes that will always stick in my memory are littered throughout the movie.


It's definitely the most worn out DVD in my collection.
Hell, I just finished watching it before writing this post and I'm in such a good mood. I was prompted to watch this movie by the pleasant weather. So basically I'm totally chill right now.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Picture of Scarlett Johannsen's ass on your blog... classy.

Globally Ignored