Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

На пакгаузе


Workers of the world Unite!
The world is built on the backs of the working man!
The laborer is the ideal man.

...or not.

So my job has changed rather dramatically in the last month.
I've gone from selling televisions and various gadgetry to dimwitted, slackjawed, backwoods, hill folk to pure Gulag level manual labor.
Working eight hours a day in a dingy (at best) warehouse is proving to be awful. It hasn't helped that the temperature has been in the upper 90s for the past couple of weeks. I've been sweating buckets constantly every day. In order to combat dehydration I've been guzzling at least six bottles of water a day. It's been bothersome to say the least. Sweat dripping from my hair and stinging my eyes. So much fun...
I'll never stop complaining that I'd rather be doing my actual job, but I don't particularly like being a salesman either. Even so it's MILES better than what I'm doing now. Heavy lifting, arbitrary reorganizing, and unloading and reloading of truck after truck.
My boss at the place is actually pretty decent, but he's very particular and demanding. And organized. I've never met anybody so into organization in my entire life! Yet he's a nice guy and he treats us well. So no complaints. Plus he's foreign, somewhere in the Eastern bloc, so I get to listen to that all day (which means further perfecting it myself).
I'm stuck doing this crap for two more months. Nothing I can do. I'm just a tiny cog in the greater wheel of capitalism.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yay capitalism!!


Yeah... I really had nothing to say

Globally Ignored