Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Trail of Terror

I've been a lot of places in my life. Well, not a lot, but a decent amount of places. All over the world... well the east coast of the United States and the British Isles anyway. I've decided to examine the cities and areas I've been to and evaluate whether or not I would return. As I'm only getting started in life I'm sure this list will continue to grow. It's been a bit of a slow year in 2009. I did a limited amount of traveling due to my funding being tied I'm in big money purchases, such as a car. Next year will be the start of an incredible journey as The Ashes and I move to South Korea. Our Asian adventure begins in 2010. For now I'm going to briefly review places I've been and whether I'd fancy a return.

Boston
The first major city I ever went to and the only one that holds any childhood nostalgia. It's a great northeastern US city, a city that sets the mentality for the whole New England region. All my favorite sports teams are situated nearby. It's bean town baby. Number one.
Back - Yes

New York City
I drove through here once and flew over it once. A poorly planned road trip took us around the city, over the George Washington bridge and into destructive traffic. What do I remember? This place SMELLS AWFUL!
Back - No thanks

Hartford
Quite unimpressive. Didn't spend much time there, so I don't remember much about the city. I can't say that there's anything that would draw me there. It's someplace to drive through, not a destination.
Back - Nope

Quebec City
An absolute gem of a city. It's almost closer to Bangor than any other city. It's a beautiful area. It's a foreign city, a strange land, but right next door. It's multilingual even though French dominates. Then there's the walled city, oh the walled city. The old city is magnificent. It is the only North American walled city I've ever visited.
Back - Yup

Montreal
This place is pretty alive. It's the cultural center of French Canada. Though I've heard that it used to be Canada's premiere city I understand it's lost that distinction to Toronto. Even so, it's a really cool place. There's a hip culture there, distinct neighborhoods. Not to mention old style architecture and an amazing skyline.
Back - Yes

Philadelphia
It's a pretty cool city and I feel like I only managed to see a little bit of what it has to offer. I'd go there again only to see what it really has to offer.
Back - Yeah

Baltimore
Meh
Back - no

Washington DC
I only spent a single day there and never got a chance to get out and look at all the tacky monuments that every kid wants to see. Really the only thing I'd realistically want to go back for would be the Smithsonian. I like museums. Scratch that, I friggin LOVE them.
Back - Yeah, for the Smithsonian

Miami
Weeeeellll I don't know. It's a beach culture, a party city, and a port of call. That's about it. To visit relatives, yes. To check out the city? No.
Back - Maybe

Tampa
Nothing left to do there. Been there, did that.
Back - no

Nassau
The port of call I went to in the Bahamas. Poverty stricken and overly touristy. The places I went had no heart, only cheesiness to appeal to tourists. If there was a real soul to the city, I never saw it. There are other Caribbean cities to go to, however.
Back - no

London
Well no shit.
Back - Hell to the Yes

No comments:

Globally Ignored