Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

It's March...

AW FUCK, another month went by pretty quickly. Time to look at my goals for last month (oh no!).

February 2010 Goals:
-Write an Article-
Outcome - Partial credit. That Winter Olympics blog post, with a little fine tuning, could be considered an opinion article. I'm not going to go around publishing it anywhere but I consider it to be a somewhat decent article. So this is like a D-... passing, but just barely.

-Write at Least 8 Articles-
Outcome - Pass. I posted more than eight, but a lot were really short. Not a lot of content, but definitely met my goal.

-Get a Job-
Outcome - Fail. While I'm aware that Failmart is trying to recruit me back I'm quite wary of taking the job. No calls from any place else. This isn't going well...

-Organize the Notes from My Notebooks-
Outcome - Partial credit. I looked them over and realized that the best place for them are in my notebooks. I added to them quite a bit. I'm just going to keep them where they are, they belong as scribbled notes in small pads of paper. It's eccentric.

-Come Up with 20 Ideas-
Outcome - Pass. At least 20 if not more. Wrote down maybe half of those. Had some real doozies come to me last month too. Forgot about half of them, as I do, but managed to get the others written down. One has really captivated me and I'm thinking of turning it into a short story.

-Read a Book-
Outcome - Fail. I read part of three books, but not one all the way through. With all the goddamn time I have I can't get off my ass and read a book...

March 2010 Goals:
- Read a book
- Write at least 10 blog posts
- Get a job
- Write a good resume, not a slapdash effort
- Network
- Publish something, somewhere
- Flesh out my projects and get started on some

It's a bigger list than normal. I really want to press myself to get some of these done for my own sake. Some are more important than others, obviously. Well here's to March! Good luck, me. Anybody else want to jump on the monthly goals bandwagon?

Until next month, do svidaniya comrades!

No comments:

Globally Ignored