Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Way I Am

I've made a couple of decisions lately. Time has been something that I have an abundance of lately. For a little while it was okay. Catch up on some games and browse a little internet. That sort of schedule just doesn't keep a person going, physically or mentally. So for that reason I've decided to try and spruce up my life and make good use of the time I have.

Firstly I'm going to start biking every (or as close to every) morning. University of Maine's bike path is just down the street. Less than a mile away from where I live is an access point to the path and I've never really made use of it for any extended period. Well I'm changing that starting immediately. A lack of recent activity has really left me a bit out of shape. I'm hoping that this little activity will help me get back into proper working order.

Since spring has started so damn early in the year this is actually something I was able to start immediately. Had this been last year I wouldn't be able to start until maybe a month and a half from this date. I actually started doing this earlier in the morning of the day I'm writing this post. I woke up at 7:55, which is somewhat early. Between getting prepared and bidding Ashes adieu I didn't manage to get out the door until 8:10. Sadly today proved to be a bit chillier than recent weather. In fact, it was straight up cold. I was freezing half way into the ride. That was my only real complaint. Well that and my own heavy breathing/wheezing by the time I got home. It was about 3 miles from the apartment to the entrance by the campus, round trip of course. I'm going to keep doing that little bit each morning until I work out my ring-rust. Then I'll start incorporating the part of the path that goes past the farm, and even further out all the way down past the school.

The other decision I've made is to start following a little bit more strict format here at the blog. I'll still have the same BS blogs that I'm always doing, but I want to throw in weekly articles to make myself work within a deadline. So far I've come up with ideas for a couple ideas. The first is a weekly post about trying new stuff (food, drink, whatever I find at a convenience store) and what I think these products. Glorified product reviews really. I like some of the 'conbini' posts I see on J-Blogs and want to follow that sort of theme on my own blog. The second idea I have is a weekly post about video games. Sort of do this anyway, but I want to formalize it. Y'know, pick a theme or something and write posts weekly. Lastly I want to try and work in a hard news article with the aim of getting it published somewhere. I had another idea, but son of a vaudruke if I can remember it at all. Weekly short stories? Would y'all like to see that? Anyway I'm outlining a new format/schedule for my blog. Look to see some changes around here in the future.

There are other changes I want to implement, like working on some manner of group project or networking my blog. But I don't know how to network and I can't motivate myself to getting into that side of blogging. And group projects, I don't have a group! I'm barely making progress on my own projects.

We'll see how this all goes. I'm going to try and make myself follow through on this. Gotta keep the faith and make it happen! Next post will be more interesting, I promise.

1 comment:

Gerald Cuntface McArthur Winston Brafillis Oloo0ndus Ulestra XIXLLILXIMININLOX said...

i read. always. love you.

Globally Ignored