Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Thought It Was Over Too

I've pretty much gotten over my rediscovery of LEGOs and haven't bought more than 1-2 sets in the last 6 months. I've packed the majority of them away for future use... y'know should I ever have a screaming brat of my own. Or an office. Probably an office first.

So I had made all my big purchases. I bought a LEGO castle because I had always, always dreamed of having one when I was a kid. I'm not sure if it was a thumbs up or middle finger to my younger self, but it satisfied me. I had it set up in a little diorama for over a year before I moved into this apartment. I bought the dwarven mine set which is universally hailed as one of the finest LEGO sets ever produced. And was it ever awesome. I bought an orc warship which instantly brought up images of Warcraft II. I got the castle advent calendar and the amazing jester minifig that came with it. I got Indiana Jones, Short Round, and Prof. Henry Jones. Basically I built up a reall cool collection. But I stashed it away and declared my LEGO phase well over with.

Then LEGO shows their 2010 lineup, in particular the special minifig blind package lineup. Let me post that for you.

That is an absolutely EPIC lineup. A LUCHADOR! A hairy caveman with custom hair, a 50s style retro robot, a zombie and a friggin clown with massive red wig! I must, must, MUST have these. Looks like I'll be ponying up some dough for these once they hit the shelves in the next few months. I've heard there's a way to read the bar codes to figure out what each blind box contains, meaning I can get the ones that I want.

The new lineup of castle sets has been shown and it's no longer fantasy style, it's back to "kingdoms". While I liked the idea of fantasy creatures such as dwarves, trolls and orcs I'm anticipating their move back to knights vs knights. I don't know that I'll buy any sets, but I'll... y'know... look at them and stuff.

Oh that sense of wonder and awe of the simple things in life, the eternal grasp of the imagination that I will never give up. It'll make me a good author when I get off my ass and do it! Until then I guess I'll just buy LEGOs and build more stories in my head.

TATA

1 comment:

sir gerald of ulestra said...

those figures look MEGA. dont EVER let your child side die, EVER. i want the zombie figure hahaha. also, look for the nigel and gerald figurine line up coming to a wal mart near you Summer 2433! only a few centuries away!

Globally Ignored