Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

This Isn't Going to Be Deep

So the world cup finally kicked in today and it was amazing! The spectacle, the energy, the greatest show on Earth. It started off with South Africa and Mexico going even and both gaining a point in their group. South Africa scored the first goal of the tournament in spectacular fashion, but Mexico didn't let them get away with a win. The second match was Uruguay frustrating a poor looking France team and getting a draw. Uruguay fought very hard for their result and really put the French to shame. More World Cup tomorrow and every day for the next month, much to Ashes' dismay.

So that's really all I had to say today, but tomorrow I think I'll write up my blog post about television that I've been meaning to do for a while. So look forward to that.

My link for today is one of my favorite sites on the internet, Cracked.com. I only came across this site a few months ago but it is now an established destination for my browsings. If you go to the article section you can click on just about any article and be guaranteed a shart inducing laughing fit. These articles aren't just dumb humor either, many of these are well researched pieces with a bit of Simpsons-esque observations. If you're as big a fan of MMA and wrestling as I am/was I recommend Seanbaby's article on Kazuyuki Fujita's head. Many of the featured articles are lists which really drew me in. The first night I found Cracked I stayed up until about 4 reading everything back to 2007. You will too if you have the same sense of humor I do. Here's a few gems to check out and get started; MMA oh shit moments, coincidences, and lost books.

No comments:

Globally Ignored