Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An Hour, a Day, a Week and Turkeys

I blink and two hours have passed.

I blink again and it's midnight.

I close my eyes for a second and when I open them it's tomorrow.

I just can't get time to slow down right now but who amongst us can?

A Bit of Bitching
I have every intention to be productive but get lost in my own mind and goings on.  I keep an irregular schedule and allow myself endless distraction.  I might have three days off at a stretch but it goes by so quick.  In a three day stretch I have hundreds of ideas float in and out of my head.  It's a bit crazy how little it takes to get inspired.  It's also a bit crazy how easily I distract myself.

I am a consumer and not a producer.  I consume everything.  Information, culture, emotion, food... and allow all that to build up and rip apart my mind.  When I feel most capable of producing something amazing I return to consumption mode.  It's time to watch a new show or research some new whim or play some other game for "inspiration". 

What is inspiration?  Sudden creativity?  A sustained flow of ideas?  A lie?

Who knows.

I have an incredible headache at the moment that seems to be rendering me unable to get anything done.  So instead of doing anything, as I intended to, I do this.  I write a babbling blog.  I figured if I can't do anything too intense I'll just blather on about nothing right here.  I need to manage my time a lot better.  A lot better. 

Thanks to Turkeys Day
Thanksgiving is just a few days away.  I'm looking forward to it this year since it'll be a change for the first time in forever.  Usually I just stay at my parents house and eat their modest dinner and then sit around being lazy the rest of the day.  This year I'm amongst Ashes' family and will participate in their gigantor feast, which happens to be taking place right in this house!  There is a certain amount of pleasure knowing that I can gorge myself on what I've been told will be a massive amount and variety of food and then retreat to my room and nap it off.

The variety of food is what I'm looking forward to the most since my parents stick with the same stuff year after year.  That's not a bad thing, necessarily, I'm just a person that is constantly looking for new experiences especially in food.  So while I enjoyed Thanksgiving at my parents house it didn't get me as pumped up as I am this year.  Ashes' family is pretty cool too so it'll be nice, mostly for her, to have everybody around.

Dark Days
After Thanksgiving we have Black Friday... which I am not even going to get into here.  It's a day that has the masses scrambling for deals on outdated junk.  Personally it's something I've never taken part in because a) I never had the money and b) I usually worked.  This year I work later in the day so I can look for some deals I guess, but I'm not going to sit outside the doors like the sickening deal chasers.

The word stampede comes to mind.  People in certain areas die in stampedes at religious gatherings, tragically.  Here in America we die in stampedes at stores in an attempt to get something just a bit cheaper.  Amazing eh?  I'm sure the death toll is miniscule, probably less than one a year, but still...


Acceptance
I've come to the gradual understanding I'll never make it to Japan, Korea, China... Asia.  That was never the course my life was going to take I guess.  Living vicariously through the blogs of others is my way of visiting those lands that fascinate me so.

No comments:

Globally Ignored