Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Years Into the Infinite

I don't think I like this new layout at all.  It's far too dark and boring.  There's no life to it and I think it brings down the mood of my blog which is depressing enough as is.  I will likely find a new background in the coming days to something a bit brighter, a bit cheerier. 

Let's talk about goals.
What are your goals for the next year?
It's not too early to start talking about what needs to be accomplished in 2011 is it?  I fully understand that trying to frame achievement and goals in an arbitrary one year time frame isn't a perfect method of thinking.  It's hard to avoid putting thing in terms of years because it is such a neat little organized unit.  A lot can be done in a year.  A lot can be undone in a year.  As a whole it would be easier to remember than specific days or months.  I had an alright 2009, I had a bad 2010, I had a good 2008.  How will 2011 be summarized?  That is to be seen.

Goals for 2011?  Numerous.
Blog more, obviously.
Write more, obviously.
Trek up the Zambezi River and locate Dr. Livingstone, of course.
Reinvent time travel, naturally.
Travel to 1985 and watch Back to the Future in theaters.
Get a career, possibly in time travel.
And so on in this fashion.  I mean it's a long time and you never know...

So what goals or plans do my reader(s?) have for 2011?  I'm interested in what others hope to accomplish in this whimsical coming numbered time unit.  Is anyone shooting for the moon?  Is anyone trying to keep it on the level?  Any plans to start from scratch, like me?

All I know for sure is that I'm going to go out of my way to try and make this year a damn sight better than 2010.  That shouldn't be hard.  I'm going to be getting a headstart on 2011 by greeting it in Sydney, Australia.  What a way to get things going, eh?

See you in Sydney!

No comments:

Globally Ignored