Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pictures in Motion

A question arose lately in my life.  It's a question that has plagued me for years, and the answer is ever-changing.  That question is this, what is my favorite movie.  This is a hard question for somebody like me to answer.  I never have solid opinions on anything.  My ideas on a given topic change as rapidly as the weather, or as quickly as a slut gets love stains on her clothing/face.  I remember my early 2000s list included many films that were relatively new at that time.  Teenagers, can't see beyond their own present into the past.  Though few older films would make the list, I'm fairly confident that my list is no longer restricted just to recent movies.  I used to rate on the "quality" of the movie, however pointlessly I defined those guidelines.

I think I could easily define a list of my ten favorite movies.  I've stopped trying to judge movies by anything other than how much I enjoy them.  This list does include a large nostalgia factor in some of the movies.

Here's a list of my ten favorite movies of all time, because I think it's important that I get this out of my head. The list is in no particular order.  Ordering these movies would require me to rewatch every one of them and determine which one is marginally better than the other.  I think that I can watch these movies whenever and still get a lot of enjoyment out of the experience is all that matters.  So I don't have a favorite.  I do have a lot of candidiates, but no winner.

  • Shaun of the Dead

  • Fight Club

  • Back to the Future

  • Spirited Away

  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

  • Pulp Fiction

  • The Last Samurai

  • The Matrix

  • American History X

  • The Shawshank Redemption

No comments:

Globally Ignored