Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

20¶ vs 23476¶

Achievement time!







From now on I'm rating all of my accomplishments as achievements and weighing them against my Gamerscore. Gamerscore vs Lifescore. Sadly right now I've got a higher gamerscore, mostly because I'm starting... or maybe it's just because I'm really sad. Anyone that know me got any suggestions for achievements (recent) that I can include?
It's based on a completely arbitrary scale that I'll decide personally upon completion of each achievement.
It's a project that I've been thinking about for a while. I'm sure somebody else came up with the idea before me. It's not one of my better ones nor is it one of my more original ones. A few years ago several friends and myself were involved in an achievement race on the 360. We were constantly trying to one-up each other. We became so obsessed with the whole idea that we started throwing "fifty points" or "three hundred points" at each other for well executed movie quotes or over the top insults. I got the idea then that a blog like this would be fun. I shelved it for a couple of years because... well because I shelved everything. I wasn't productive.
This year, however, promises to be different. I'm NOT shelving my ideas. I'm running with them. I can't let that happen.
I had a few other ways to implement this particular idea. Like a cross between 1001 days, by assigning each of the 101 things a point value adding up to 1000. Or a sort of scavenger hunt that would reboot monthly with 1000 points up for grabs. I don't know how to get ideas like that off the ground. I still might go with it, somehow.
So get prepared, my fine feathered reader or readers as the case may warrant. This is going to be a year of power. Dynamic Power! Super Mega Dynamic Ultra Power Volt!

So it's 20 points (represented by the paragraph symbol) for turning 26. Twenty!

2 comments:

Ashes said...

50 points for doing the dishes!

5 for feeding Ewan.

100 if I come back and the apt is as clean or cleaner than when I left.

Busaiku25 said...

It definitely won't be cleaner.

Globally Ignored