Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Where to Go From Here

Today is my Twenty-Sixth birthday. Hold your applause please, hold your applause. It's not that big a deal since all I did was not die. Seriously, that's ALL I did. From where I was last year I've accomplished practically nothing.
It's hard to be satisfied with my place in life right now. I'm stuck in a rut of a job and I don't have the know-how to get out of it. Send my resume around? What good is that going to accomplish me if it's as unimpressive as... well as it is. Every paper I contact says they're not looking for any additional contributors at the moment. Believe it or not I've shot e-mails at quite a few local papers. Maybe I need to start thinking outside local? Maybe I need to start looking at the magazines in the area and just throwing myself at them? Or maybe I need to rethink my career path? I don't know. But I have to know by this time next year or I get the feeling I'm just fucked. Approaching thirty and with little to show makes me a sad panda.
As unsatisfied as I am with that area of my life, and with myself in regards to dealing with it, I am completely happy romantically! When you have as solid a relationship as I do with The Ashes it's the single thing that keeps you going. Or at least it makes me want to keep driving for success. If I manage to get someone as amazingly awesomely wonderful as her, shouldn't I be able to do the same in other aspects of my life? I don't care, because I've got her. She makes me into the best DannyBear in the world.
There are some things beyond that I'm satisfied. Like the fact that I've begun my travelling life. If you just say to yourself "fuck it, let's just DO this thing" you end up accomplishing a lot. Take for instance London. I decided that we're just going to stop talking about it and DO it. So we found cheap tickets and a hotel and booked it. It's the push that matters. Getting past the feeling that "it's not worth the hassle" is instrumental in accomplishing anything in life.
Perhaps I should start listening to my own advice, eh?

Well 25 was a mixed bag. Let's see what 26 will bring.
Other than a tiramisu gelato. Which was creamy goodness! It was melty and delicious! Better than a cake by a million miles!

So how about the material aspect of birthdays? Here's what I've got so far (and probably in total).
  • Tiramisu gelato
  • Prototype (360)
  • Fleur-de-lis red zip up hoody
  • Legends of Wrestlemania (360)
  • Back to the Future collection (not quite yet)
  • $100 (at least that's what I told them to get)
And Silas got me an empty bottle of vodka, which BK tacked herself onto. My cats really don't like me at all.

No comments:

Globally Ignored