Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Classic Gaming Reviews

NOSTALGIA!

It's a great word. There's so much of it as you start to get older. Now that I'm on the threshold to become a grizzled old bastard, I've noticed that I am having fond memories of the old days more often. Except everything is sepia-toned and blurry, and I'm talking memories from 1998.

Where is this going? Down the video game road again. I started doing classic video game reviews on my short lived video game blog. I'm thinking of bringing it back on this one. I covered PC, Dreamcast, PS1, and SNES games in my five classic reviews. That was likely my only decent idea on that entire blog. So I'm probably going to start doing them here as well. I really want to review some of the games that left a lasting impression on me. I could think of hundreds of games across all platforms that I could cook up some very meaningful ruminations. I've already covered some classic games from years gone. Shenmue, Civilization II, SaGa Frontier... but I've got a long way to go. With a few format tweaks I'll rerelease those reviews and start posting new ones. Something to look forward to in the coming weeks! Considering I've got more time, look forward to more frequent posts.

Here are some classic gaming pictures to tide you/me over!







No comments:

Globally Ignored