Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Vomit Out My Brain

I don't know if the little dialogues in my head are the mark of a good writer or the mark of a true schizophrenic. Hmmm, food for thought.

Youtube has really been lame lately. During the first month of my unfortunate unemployment it was vital to keeping my sanity and driving that "I'm totally going to make the most of this abundant time!" attitude. Now all the good vloggers have gone quiet and the midcard has been pure bunk. Vimeo is pretty damn cool though. Much more documentary style stuff, less focus on the horrifying crap that fills out Youtube.

I've been holding out for a cheap intervalometer. I'm not holding my breath for now since I don't have any extra income. I really want to start learning the art of the timelapse. Especially if (and it seems like a real IF) I end up going to South Korea. I caught some truly inspired time lapses over on Vimeo.

I have about 3 half finished posts written up in my queue for this blog. Full length opinion article type stuff. Mostly its about video games, but you write what you know and can get fired up about. I just don't have the motivation to get all the way through writing them. That has been my primary problem for years. I have a shitty work ethic when it comes to sitting down and putting my thoughts into words. Unlike on a job where I'm totally devoted to succeeding. You wouldn't even recognize me at work and at home. I'm get fired up and get the job done. I was in a whole different world when I worked at that warehouse last summer. All of my managers constantly recognized my work ethic, which led to some decent raises and promotions. Until I got laid off. Thanks for all the hard work and consistently being the best in the department! Now get the fuck out. You wonder why I have trouble getting motivated?!?! There's no reward in my world for motivation.

Final Fantasy XIII still sucks. Even the Japanese think so I've heard. Didn't stop it from becoming the biggest success in franchise history. That makes me think this format will be embraced and we'll never see a good Final Fantasy again. XII really was good, it just took me a while to realize. X was an absolute triumph, even if it was linear it was balanced. Poor one on the curb for my dead homie, the FF series. Hell might as well poor one out for the JRPG in general.

I've come up with some pretty good ideas lately. It's all genre fiction. Fantasy, sci fi, time travel, post apocalyptic, etc. A few stories about quarterlife which I actually quite like. You write what you know.

My cat Silas had to have surgery again. Second time in three years. Already paid $300 and will have to pay at least another $2o0. Y'know what though? I don't even care. I never really bonded with an animal before so I didn't know why people would be willing to cough up the money for a surgery like this one. I had a shitty pet when I was younger, Caesar. He's the most hateful animal in the world and I couldn't give half a shit about him. I'll just shrug my shoulders when he (finally) dies. Silas is mine though. He's friendly and likes me which makes him worth the money. You can't understand the human-pet bond until you have a pet that it actually happens with. I'm sure Ashes would agree that he's worth the money too.

Biking is fun and heathy, when I can get off my ass and do it. Been pretty diligent about it lately. Now that the weather is nicer I expect to be outside even more. I expect to do a lot of biking and hiking this summer since we really don't have the money for bigger trips.

I'm writing this on Ashes' MacBook and I really like the sound that my typing makes. It's much more satisfying than the click-click-click of a regular keyboard. It's more of a thunk-thunk-thunk type of sound. I'm planning on getting a laptop before going overseas. Mine won't be as good as this one, since I don't have the money or desire to own a Mac, but it'll be better than my shitbox of a desktop computer. I think I'll only be able to afford a netbook, though, so it won't be as fun to type on as this Mac. Portable though so I'm not constrained to a dusky corner of our living room.

That's all.

No comments:

Globally Ignored