Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Daily Post One: Daily Reading

What better way to start off my month of nonstop daily posting than to give my reader(s?) a look at what sites I frequent every single day. As a citizen of the modern age and having spent more than half my life as an internet user I've developed a cache of sites that I go to on a daily basis. While I have favored sites there are a select few that make the daily rotation.

Over time, as it will, the sites I visit daily have changed every so often. That is to say that of the sites I used to go to in 2004 are completely different from the ones I visit now. In fact I would think that I don't visit any of the sites I used to five or six years ago. Most became irrelevant or out of date, some died out and others were replaced by newer and superior sites. There is also my changing of tastes to take into account.

So today for a light, quick post I'm going to run down the list of these sites.

YouTube
- I never really got the appeal of Youtube until the very end of last year. I posted about this a couple of months ago. While I never visited Youtube more than a handful of times before it has now become something I check out daily. Vlogs, NJPW, and all of my subscriptions warrant a daily check.

Wikipedia - On most days I would go here looking for some specific tidbit of information or to answer a question. I'm a glutton for knowledge and information though, so I often come here just to study or find out what happened on this day in history. I'm addicted to this website, hardcore.

Kotaku & Joystiq - The two best video game blogs on the internet and my preferred source for all gaming news. Updates constantly throughout the day 24/7 and both of these blogs are very well written and reported. Whether it's up to the minute news or an in depth article about some facet of gaming, both of these blogs are a must in my daily routine.

Google - It's my homepage and it's my e-mail. If I open up my browser I go here which means it's a daily definite.

Livescore - Soccer scores of the day from every league in the entire world. Easiest way to keep up with the European leagues in a soccer neutral country.

io9 - A pop culture, science fiction/fantasy/comics news site. Great place to learn about nerd stuff before anybody else. Part of the same web 'family' as Kotaku and it uses the same layout. Check it out because it's not just nerd news but it sometimes features some well written articles.

Puroresu Representin' & Strong Style Spirit - Japanese wrestling (puroresu) news and results. I check SSS because it has the best NJPW coverage, but PR has the most complete results from all the major and minor indy feds. I still enjoy puroresu and these two sites make it a simple task to keep myself up to speed every day.

Shibuya246 - An fun little site by a guy living in Japan who posts great photo articles. I check it out every day.

Twitter - It's twitter. I use it. I know. Moving on.

That's about it for now. My usual computer, my desktop, is currently undergoing a major viral crisis so I don't have access to my complete bookmark list. Once I manage to fix that situation I'll post a few more of my daily haunts here. I think I have my old links archived on that computer as well so I'll update put those up as well to compare the past with the present.

No comments:

Globally Ignored