Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quarterfinals Done, Semis Set

Short post today. The quarterfinals ended with Spain beating Paraguay in a really intense game. The other game saw Germany conquer Argentina in an upsetting 4-0 victory. So much for my favorites of the tournament!

SPAIN vs PARAGUAY
Uber intense game with two missed penalty kicks (shades of Ghana) and a disallowed goal. David Villa moved into first for goal count when he got the only score of the match for Spain, who held on to win 1-0. Plus a disastrous kick to Sergio Ramos' face.




Embracing the toughness! Face Germany next and really need to pick up their shit if they want to get to the final.

ARGENTINA vs GERMANY
Germany fucking crushed Argentina.

Maradona nearly assaulted some German fans.

Messi didn't do much of anything

FOUR GOALS for Germany scare the shit out of me.

Argentina are going home. Sadness

Two more days without World Cup means more emptiness. It's the big games next, though. The ones that matter almost more than any other in the tournament. I can't wait! It's the fourth tomorrow even though it doesn't really mean much to me. Maybe I'll wear my Revolution jersey, though more likely I'll wear my England one. ironic yeah?

No comments:

Globally Ignored