Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th and a List

Today is Friday the 13th as often happens during the normal calendar year. It's also August 13th which makes it my mother's birthday today, my niece's birthday tomorrow and my birthday 3 days ago. I turned 27. It was uneventful and slightly depressing.

I went to a zoo at the very bottom of Maine yesterday with the Ashes. The York Zoo. The animals were all pretty lazy which meant there wasn't much to see except some bored looking monkeys, lemurs and birds. Plus a dinosaur. Well it was a giant bird that really highlighted the link between dinosaurs and birds for the first time in my life. Usually when I heard that statistic I'd shrug my shoulders and defer to those dinosaurologists wisdom, but whatever this bird was definitely highlighted the link. It had some raptor like feet/talons and a crest on it's head that looked like it could kill a bull. The prairie dogs were delightful too. Their futile digging and fighting was hilarious. It was some capital capering.

I also continued my futile quest for bubble tea when I went to the Portsmouth mall. It used to house a bubble tea kiosk in the food court but upon entering it was boarded up. I was so disappointed at this turn of events as my continued failure to get some bubble tea frustrates me endlessly. At least I got some Sarku.

Soccer season is almost here and it looks like Liverpool stand a fighting chance. I thought the team was going to be torn apart due to the change in ownership. All the big names stayed which means that a strong campaign is still a possibility. Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham look like the top contenders with Liverpool. Should be an exciting season.

The J-League season is into the second half, speaking of soccer, and Shimizu S-Pulse competing with Kashima Antlers for the top spot. Hopefully Okazaki's brilliance can continue and there won't be a repeat of last seasons late drop of form. An Asian Champions League spot is looking likely and a J-League title is a complete possibility. Go S-Pulse!

Top Gear continues to be one of my new favorites on television. If you have BBC America make sure you watch an episode when its on. You don't have to like cars at all, lord knows I don't, to enjoy this show. It's a bit of British fun.

Stress is killing me right now. Nothing is going my way and all this fail is piling up and piling up. Won't last forever, though, and everybody has to through a storm to get to paradise. Something good will come from this. It's got to.

I don't really like 1st person shooter games. It's all anyone makes anymore and it's starting to bug me. Maybe in a few years we'll move beyond this stagnation of quality, different games or maybe we'll be mired in more shooters. It's hard to tell right now.

And now for something completely different.
A list.

Five Favorite Chinese Epics (WuXia)
5. The Warlords
4. House of Flying Daggers
3. Hero
2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
1. Red Cliff

No comments:

Globally Ignored