Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Photoblogging

I've really admired photo bloggers for a long time now. I have saved photos from as far back as 2001-2002 on my computer that I relentlessly stole from the very people I followed. I've been following some bloggers since before the word follow was so hip. Before Twitter and Facebook ever existed.

Photo blogs have provided me enjoyment for so many years. I aspired to become one myself on numerous occasions only to fall short. Or I would run out of steam. Plus I'm not a great photographer so that didn't help any. I eventually came to the conclusion that I don't live an interesting enough life to take photos on a regular basis. Then I thought I'd start taking photos on trips, only I stopped going on trips. When I did there wasn't much desire to take pictures over just enjoying being wherever I went.

I'm not so sure how to get myself to do something like that. I've tried. I have. It never happens. I have to be willing to go out on my own and just snap, snap, snap. That's not me at all. I want to experience it and write about it afterwards. Sometimes waaaaay afterwards.

There will never be a photo blog run by me unless something drastic changes. When my life changes in a big way, hopefully very soon, I will start up a new blog with a new direction. Maybe it will be a photo blog. Probably not though. I've long since come to the decision that I prefer to just let other people do the photo blogging for my indulgence. I'll always have a handful that I read regularly. It changes over time since blogs come and go like monkey powered sail boats in a river. Y'know?

It was just something that was on my mind and decided to write out my observations. I know what I like to let entertain me and I know what I actually want to try to create. Writing is what I do best so that's what I'll stick with. I've never been very successful at any visual medium whether it be pictures or videos.

Anything could happen though. I'm 27 and have a long way to go in life so who knows what will happen.

No comments:

Globally Ignored