Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kings of Wrestling

I've been a fan of Puroresu for over seven years now. Like I've mentioned in plenty of other posts I'm hardly a fan of pro wrestling anymore since I don't have the time or interest to follow it. I do take the time to keep up to date with Japanese Puroresu.

It's simple fun without the terrible soap opera style bullshit featured in America. It's matches and feuds in the traditional sense with all the stories developing in the ring and based on skill. It's actually pro wrestling in a pure and unrefined glory. Matches are used to impress the crowd and aren't simply the filler between talking segments. Americans would find that boring, but that doesn't matter. I find it odd that US wrestling fans have always cared more about the horrible storylines than real wrestling. That's part of the reason I'm not a fan anymore.

NJPW has recently started a Youtube channel that is updated very regularly with matches, press conferences and compilation videos. This is further evidence that New Japan is the king of Puroresu since NOAH is still suffering from the death of Misawa and a lack of focus. There was a time when NOAH was making more progress in expanding to new markets but that has fallen out of focus as they try to rebuild their company. So New Japan is exciting as all hell and has come out of the early 00s MMA debacle with their heads held high.

So I'm just going to post some pictures I've found from Puroresu sources that I like for one reason or another.

Poster Boy KENTA


ULTRAMAN Tanahashi & ULTRAMAN Kanemoto


G1 Winner Kojima


Not Puroresu, but Japanese. WWE done in Final Fantasy SNES style

No comments:

Globally Ignored