Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

ReFail

Retail. It's the dirtiest word I know. May as well lop off those first three letters and give them away to some other word. Retard... retire... they can have them. The important part of retail is those last three letters. Plop an F in front of them and you've got the real meaning of the word. If you end up in retail you are a failure.

It's unskilled work. In fact it's the peak of unskilled work. It's unskilled people being run by management lacking in the field of people management. Or in common terms, a clusterfuck.

The customers are doddering idiots with the most inane questions. They make the job an even greater hell than normal. If you have to deal directly with customers you know that it's only the dregs of society that ever make themselves heard. And, oh my fucking shitting god, do they ever make themselves heard.

Unheralded and put down for every task you complete. Promised promotions that never come are sort of a guarantee. Everybody hates everyone else since it's the job that most of those gossipy idiots you remember from high school ended up doing.

Do I ever wish that I was done with working in retail. Realistically I know I'll end up down that road at least one more time in my life. It's almost mentally easy how easy it is to get a job in that "field". Unless they think you're too good for the job, which most of the places I apply do.

If it's what I gotta do, then I'll do it. You're only a failure until you succeed.

I'm not really bitching here I'm just saying. I was thinking how much I hate refail. This aren't whiny exaggerations but observations from the job I did and will most likely do again.

No comments:

Globally Ignored