Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

September is it?

It's proving very hard for me to believe this is September.  Being blasted by our second heat wave in a month has left me sweaty, uncomfortable and miserable with no where to run to and nothing to do.  Not having money is the worst thing in the world people... I'm not resourceful enough to live without it like some people manage.

So I'm unable to escape this bastard heat that is smothering everybody in New England.  At this point I'm begging for the hurricane that is currently near the Carolina coast to hit us.  A lot of rain would do a lot of good.  I might be able to sleep at night without being drenched in my own sticky sweat.  Oh how nice that would be to have.  Plus it'll let me bust out my jackets and hats which I think make me look my best, which is still pretty bad.

I'm done being a pirate.  It's bad to get games, movies and music that way.  If I'm not willing to pay for it I don't think I should be stealing it.  Not that I'm admitting to it of course!  I'm just saying that were I ever to have pirated pricey things I would now be reconsidering it.  So to speak.

It looks like we'll be moving again in a month.  Ashes was able to find a job babysitting some autistic kids that pays decently enough.  I'm of the opinion that if I actually move down to Massachusetts I'll have a much easier time getting a job.  Who really knows, though, since I've been at the job search for over half a year without any sliver of good luck.

COME ON YOU HURRICANE!  I need some relief from this torturous weak of heat.  I can't do anything when I feel so damn miserable.  What little ambition and energy I have is completely sucked out of me and I'm left a gross, smelly shell of a human spread out on a bed barely clinging to consciousness.  I've spent the day watching Golden Girls, one of Ashes' foolish baby shows, Hot Fuzz, and now some Japanese martial arts movie.  I played Uncharted Waters for a bit.  That's my entire day so far!  All my efforts at self improvement have flown out the window in these last few weeks.  Either a change of scenery or a change of weather will get me going I think.  I think.

I really need to do a post about Japanese movies because there's a certain over the top element in all of them that makes them fun to watch.  Even crap fests like Yo-Yo Girl Cop had a goofy x-factor that made it worth the watch.  I'm watching High-Kick-Girl right now and it's incredibly stupid but at the same time fun to watch.  That's the thing about J-movies.  If a movie shouldn't be taken too seriously than it presents itself as something that shouldn't be taken too seriously.  That's one of the things about American movies that I hate, a shitty movie taking itself too seriously.  It's painful to watch something like that but not when it comes to J-cinema.


Thank you for being a friend!  You're a pal and a confidant!

No comments:

Globally Ignored