Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

This Advanced Hour

It's getting to be extremely late now.  As in "I should've been in bed an hour ago" level of late.  The sad thing about me making a statement like this is that it isn't even really that late at night.  Alas, my new work schedule forces me to wake up at 6 a.m. for seemingly no reason.  My body is readjusting to this schedule which means I'm going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.  There is no actual problem with that, it's just not the way I lived my life for a long time.

Hell when I first started this job I never had to be in before 11 a.m. which was absolutely rule-tastic.  It allowed me to maintain my college-average 'bedtime' of about 3 a.m.  I enjoyed that schedule.  I'm a night person.  I don't even get into a productive stride until 10 p.m. onwards.  I am jovial, awake, lively, and creative at night.  Just like when it's raining (story for another day).  And yet now I live each day as a zombie.  No, my fair (non-existent) reader, not the insanely cool, yet slow as hell (classic) Dawn of the Dead style of zombies.  I stumble around for hours as a jibbering, half-awake, drone of a zombie.

As I continue to write this the time keeps ticking away.  I might need to run to bed soon, and pray tomorrow comes and goes in a rapid fashion.

And of course, I always say a silent prayer for the zombie apocalypse before bed.

No comments:

Globally Ignored