Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Looking Ahead

Looking ahead... how inappropriate a topic for Christmas Day. Christmas, a day that is straight up its own ass. It's the most self important, self serving day in the calendar year. Explain myself? I most certainly will NOT. You don't deserve it, and I can't think of anything witty at the moment. One in the morning Christmas Day.

I'm supposed to be at the parents house at 9 (I think), but I'm not really in the mood to go to sleep. I'm awake, I'm restless and I'm pensive. I always get pensive these days. Y'know, when I'm not working my menial job or playing pointless 360 games. I think about what I could be doing or how I should be making an impact on the world. Then I unpause the game and get back to killing things.

I will admit that I forced Christmas this year. I made it feel like an old school Christmas of my youth. How? Chopping down the tree with The Ashes, watching dozens of old TV Christmas specials. I didn't watch the Yogi Bear one... something to do before sleep! I just didn't drown out the holiday-osity of December. So it's Christmastime in this apartment.

How impractical of a holiday season it is indeed! Knowing that the future holds an overseas escapade for me I put no foresight into what I was going to need when asking for gifts. I mean, sure, I filled some immediate needs (ice scraper, more *groan* 360 games, coffee maker) I didn't address the issues that will arise next year. What, you ask? Well here's a short list of stuff I need to make next year a real experience.

- Camcorder (Recording videos for family and friends will be a priority!)
- Laptop (Utterly, utterly necessary. I can't function without a computer. Internet is necessary for communication and information. As well as for American television. And blogging. And, well, everything.)
- Luggage (Though I can pick this up on the cheap I'm sure)
- Miniature plane (For the cats to fly over on, since they don't like commercial flights)

The first two being the most important, obviously. What I won't need is a new camera. I'll just use Ashes' for pictures. It's moving on to something relevant. If I can't make it happen over here, I know that an exciting life awaits me over there. Somehow the idea that I'm going to be living overseas just makes me feel more... I don't know. It makes me feel better about myself.

I think most important is what I'm not bringing over. Most notably, my gaming systems and my desktop computer. These are two things that I live by in my current life. Cutting these out entirely will be a positive trend. Not gaming for a year? For a gamer it's only possible in a situation like the one I'm entering. I won't live in front of a screen. If I get a laptop it won't be for gaming. If I'm on the computer it will be doing something... with a point.

It's really not that far away. Happy fun crazy land times!

No comments:

Globally Ignored